Post baby fashion

by Danielle on April 30, 2013

in Uncategorized

post baby fashion

Isn’t post baby fashion just the most horrible thing ever. Right now I feel like I’m stuck in this big fashion vortex ripping through my wardrobe every morning and struggling to find something half decent in to make myself presentable as I race out the door.

Breastfeeding doesn’t help either, sure it’s good for baby but horrible for a fashion diva like myself, it’s so frustrating when your boobs are going up and down a cup every time the kid has a feed. Most days I throw on something baggy and unattractive to allow for growth during the day or wear something a little tighter knowing I might be at risk of exploding and ending up looking like Pam Anderson in that hot red swim suit.

post baby fashion

AND on top of that I get the added bonus of adjusting to the weather. Which people continue to tell me is horrid for this time of the year and is the worst they have seen in years. Honestly I can deal with the heat, it doesn’t phase me at all. It’s the humidity that gets to me the most. Ten years away from the territory meant that my body had completely forgotten how intense the humidity gets up here.

I’m learning fast that less clothes is better for everyone involved. Especially when 70% of the time that we leave the house I find myself carry Abigail in the ergo.

I’m between sizes right now, my shorts are either falling off me and require a belt or a little too tight and I’m left with that teeny bit of post baby overhang sagging over my shorts, I know were keeping it sexy right here. Yesterday I purchased some new shorts. They are most definitely the shortest shorts I have ever owned but still not short enough to be trendy but any shorter and you will be getting a sneak peek of my underwear.

post baby fashion

So tell me. What are your tricks of the trade, how did you survive the post baby fashion haze?

{ 8 comments… read them below or add one }

Ali April 30, 2013 at 12:08 pm

I’m definitely not ‘post baby’ – but i definitely DO dress for Darwin humidity! Singlets/t-shirts on weekends with denim/loose shorts. Summer dresses are a must have too – I love cheap ones from cotton on!

Kylie @ Octavia and Vicky April 30, 2013 at 12:29 pm

I am so grateful for the cooler weather in Adelaide. I have been living in jeans and leggings and feeding tops. I really dislike lifting my whole top up to expose my post baby belly, so I always dress around somehow hiding as much as I can while still feeding discretely. Last week I bagged up all my maternity jeans and am insisting on wearing my old jeans. They are a tad snug! But I am so sick of wearing maternity pants- now I have a bit more incentive to move more and eat less LOL

Kel April 30, 2013 at 3:00 pm

I used to love clothes – but then I moved to Darwin. Honestly, I get so cranky at the lack of decent clothing stores around here, and shopping online is annoying sometimes because sizing can vary so much!
I love maxi dresses, long, floaty skirts with tank tops (even though my tuck shop lady arms should never be seen in public!) and shorts and tanks too.
Heat is easy – humidity sucks big, hairy balls.
Some days I would give my left kidney to be back in Adelaide and able to wear jeans, boots and a cute shirt.

Miss Pink April 30, 2013 at 3:30 pm

You look gorgeous.

Meegan April 30, 2013 at 3:37 pm

I love those shorts and your shirt!
Can you share where you got them from?
(pretty please???)

xo

GoodFoodWeek April 30, 2013 at 8:25 pm

I’m struggling to find tops that are breast feeding appropriate but for the cold weather down here in Canberra. I’m back in my pre-pregnancy jeans but my boobs burst out of everything! Blah, not to mention the leaking :(

Melissa {Suger} May 1, 2013 at 8:55 pm

I think you’re a fox! Loving this navy top, would love a couple in my size. Nice ass too by the way. ;)

Jennifer May 8, 2013 at 6:46 am

You look great and I love the shirt. I’m a big fan of sundresses when the humidity becomes unbearable and they do a great job of covering up the areas that you’re still working on!