3 – 1, I can not win.
I am fighting a losing battle and I can’t give up. There are four mess makers in my house (one husband, 2 children and a dog) and there is only one person cleaning this all up. Me! I often wonder what would happen if I just stopped. I clean one room, turn around and they have managed to mess up the area behind me.
Here are Ten reasons why I continuely fight the never ending battle of domestic chores.
- I love the scent of all my combined cleaning products joining together in a lemon, eucalyptus, pine soapy, perfumed symphony;
- I want the option to walk around bare footed and not feel the grit of dirt, crumbs or random pieces of chewed up dog toys;
- I love the smoothness of surfaces free from glitter glue, paint and sticky tape.
- I want to use a toilet that doesn’t have a poo streak down the porcelain or a hair stuck to the seat;
- I want slide my hand along a bannister or touch a handle that’s not sticky;
- I like to see my face in the mirror when I put on make up, not toothpaste splatters, handprints and shaving cream;
- I deserve crispy, fresh sheets and soft fluffy towels.
- I don’t want to trip over piles of smelly clothes when I walk into the laundry;
- I like to start preparing meal in an already clean kitchen. The master chefs never start cooking on the mess left over from the other contestants previous meals; and
- I only want rings on my fingers and toes where ever I go, not drink rings on every surface.
So, everyday I put on my battle clothes, I swear, I complain and I attack the mess that has accumulated in the 5 minutes since I last walked into the room.
This is a guest post by Rachel of RedcliffeStyle.com, Rachel Wernicke is a 39 year-old married mother of two girls. After working as a paralegal in Brisbane for 14 years, she left life in the big city to focus on her family. RedcliffeStyle.com is a light-hearted blog about lifestyle, fashion, beauty and food. Make sure you pop over and say HI!