Let’s talk about sex

by Danielle on September 19, 2011

in Uncategorized

You know what. Sometimes I don’t feel like having sex. And sometimes I feel bad for my husband because I really should have sex with him {his a good husband} but I just can’t be bothered. Sometimes I feel like he looks at me like I’m this sex machine who has the energy of an energizer bunny, If only he knew the truth. There’s even times when I see that magic glint in his eyes and I know his thinking I’m some sort of super horny baby making machine.
So today I’ve compiled a list. It’s a little bit tongue in cheek. His a bit of a secret blog spy so I hope he finds it funny.
10 reasons not to have sex with my husband
1.  I don’t feel like it
2.  I’m too tired
3. The kids might wake up
4.  I just ate cake
5. Grey’s Anatomy is coming on in 10 minutes
6.  I have to do the dishes (ha)
7.  We’ve run out of milk I should go to the shops
8.  I’m already in my pajamas
9. It’s that time of the month
10. He just farted, perhaps he needs to go to the bathroomand

10 reasons why I should have sex with with my husband1.  Sex is good for you
2.  I have an awesome body, who wouldn’t want to have sex with me
3.  Having sex makes people less stressed
4.  My husband has a really nice arse
5.  I still owe him for posing naked in Cosmo
6.  It’s been a while
7.  His only home on the weekends
8.  I know I’ll enjoy it once the wheels start spinning

9. It’s good for our marriage

10. I totally could of had sex by now..

My husband’s not home until Friday..so I hope reads this and it makes him smile.

Now. Don’t be shy. We have all done it at sometime or another. What excuse have you used to get out of sex?

{ 15 comments… read them below or add one }

wait until the sunset September 19, 2011 at 11:26 pm

lol and its good for your skin! All those happy hormones floating around equals glowing fab skin! :)

Adalita September 20, 2011 at 8:06 am

I know – tell me about avoidance. Both my partner and I live busy lives and on top of that we are also renovating our house. That leaves us exhausted and not feeling like it. So we are making time for it.

I'm tired is my usual excuse. It should be okay lets go! Then I can do what I want afterwards.

Sheri Bomb September 20, 2011 at 9:52 am

You forgot 'I've got a headache' LOL

Surely Sarah September 20, 2011 at 11:07 am

Most common for me is bluntly "I'm not in the mood". I hope it makes my partner respect my honesty! :p

Melissa September 20, 2011 at 11:36 am

We ALL owe him for posing naked in Cosmo. :D

It's our anniversary today. I don't think we're going to even have anniversary sex! We both have this awful cold, how pathetic is that.

I've told him we get an anniversary do-over as soon as we get better.

I LOLed at the Grey's Anatomy one. I've 'just wanted to finish this chapter' and he's 'just need to finish this game of chess'. We are such nerds. :D

Natalie September 20, 2011 at 12:14 pm

Hahahaha all of these totally believeable. It will be interasting if L reponds. Would love to heare his responses…

Edwina September 20, 2011 at 12:23 pm

Sometimes 'I can't be bothered' seems just as effective around here…

Finally got the Sandgate Stitchers sewing group happening (well, I made a flyer anyway).

Was thinking of starting it off on Thursday 7 October, about 6pm at my place. Still keen?? xx

Hayley September 20, 2011 at 2:11 pm

I am a little afraid to comment just in case he does read it!I don't know where I read it but it always makes me laugh "sex is like air it only bothers you when you don't get it"

Sarah September 20, 2011 at 4:16 pm

These are all so funny. Mine would be the Greys Anatomy as well. His would be playing video games.
There is also the 'once we start we don't want to stop issue' and we end up still going at 2am. Never good for a school night!

Glowless @ Where's My Glow September 20, 2011 at 8:31 pm

#9 and #10 on the second list made me laugh.
I'm so sleep deprived right now, Tricky has been waking up 3-4 times a night since he was 12 months old (slept through for the four months before that, lulling me in to a false sense of security). I am dead on my feet and it's not conducive to sexy time.

Sanity Or Bust September 20, 2011 at 8:49 pm

I have slipped low enough to pull my epidural injury as an excuse…. "I have pins and needles/ I'm sore" because it was sex that got me that in the first place!

I was thinking about this the other day and realised I had got into the habit of avoiding sex completely if I could manage it, no wonder I was such an anxious, anal twat!

Am definitely fixing this situation… just to let you know…..

Courtney @ Nobashake September 20, 2011 at 9:02 pm

I use the I'm too tired one so often. Too often. I need to change this! I have used ' no the kids will hear us'.

MaidInAustralia September 20, 2011 at 9:10 pm

The only time I made up excuses was (not to hurt his feelings) was when he either hadn't cleaned his teeth or showered. I can't stand bad breath or BO. I probably should have told the truth nicely much earlier on.

Danielle September 21, 2011 at 11:49 pm

I'm glad to be of service to your all or not of service. Now go have sex with your men folk.

susan @ Our Mid Life September 22, 2011 at 12:27 am

Just talk about the things you have on your list for him or yourself the next day. He will either get bored and go to sleep. Or get tired thinking about it. Or if he does not get the hint, say he needs his rest for the next day's list of jobs.